The OJJDP Comprehensive Gang Model is a set of five core strategies—community mobilization, opportunities provision, social intervention, suppression, and organizational change and development—that offer a comprehensive, collaborative approach designed to prevent and reduce gang violence. Read more about the OJJDP Comprehensive Gang Model.
This informational sheet provides an overview of the Comprehensive Gang Model’s five core strategies.
- Frequently Asked Questions About the OJJDP Comprehensive Gang Model
- Best Practices to Address Community Gang Problems
- Mobilizing Communities to Address Gang Problems (Adobe PDF)
- Multidisciplinary Gang Intervention Teams (Adobe PDF)
- Street Outreach and the OJJDP Comprehensive Gang Model (Adobe PDF)
- Gang Prevention: An Overview of Research and Programs (Adobe PDF)
- Other Selected Publications